Rebecca S. Busch, founder of Medical Business Associates, Inc., is a problem solver. She has made a career of taking complex healthcare financial problems and finding simple, implementable solutions. Rebecca’s problem solving abilities have enabled her to find money on the table, reduce costs, decrease risk, identify and mitigate healthcare fraud schemes, operational breakdowns, and medical and financial errors.
Rebecca is also an accomplished author and educator. With over 200 publications and presentations, Rebecca has presented to universities, large corporations, government entities, associations, financial institutions, and small businesses. Her passion – to create educated, conscientious healthcare consumers – is reflected in her works, including her latest book Personal Healthcare Portfolio – a survival guide to the complex healthcare market.
She has also authored two other books: Healthcare Fraud: An Auditing and Detection Guide and Electronic Health Records: An Audit and Internal Control Guide. Her board appointments include: CommunityHealth, Latinos in Information Science & Technology Association (LISTA), Association of Internal Auditors (AHIA) editorial committee, and Vice President of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) Chicago where she is also the newsletter editor.
- 2011 Chicago United’s Business Leaders of Color Award
- 2010 Finalist for the Enterprising Women of the Year Award
- 2009 Recipient of the Influential Women in Business Award by the Business Ledger in partnership with the National Association of Woman Business Owners
- 2006 HFMA Reeves Silver Award for meritorious participation
- 2000 HFMA Bronze Award for meritorious participation
- 2011 Calendar of Speaking Events
- Books & Articles
- In the News
- Professional Accreditation & Affiliations
About Medical Business Associates, Inc.
Medical Business Associates, Inc. (MBA) is a healthcare consulting, auditing, and forensic services firm specializing in understanding how information and money move in healthcare.